What is a multi-farm CSA?
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture, a model for purchasing local food where the customer purchases a “share” of the harvest and receives a weekly basket of seasonal fruits and vegetables in return for their investment. A multi-farm CSA provides consumers with a selection of foods from more than one farm. The Pickup supports over 20 farmers and food producers in the greater Skowhegan Area.
Benefits of supporting The Pickup:
- Convenience – Stop in each week, grab your basket, and go!
- Health and Wellness – There is no better way to keep your family healthy than to bring home a basket of freshly picked, nutrient dense food, week after week.
- Education – Each week you will receive a newsletter that features nutritional tips and recipes for using items in the basket.
- Support Local – By investing in The Pickup you are supporting over 20 farmers and food business in the local area. You are supporting a strong local economy and helping to maintain a beautiful working landscape in the community.
What will you find in a weekly share basket?
Because you receive a share of the seasonal harvest, each week will include a different selection of produce. Here are some examples of what you can expect in a weekly share:
|1 lb lettuce mix||1 bunch carrots||1 green cabbage|
|1 bunch radishes||1 bunch beets||3 heads garlic|
|1.5 lb beet greens||1 lb green beans||1 lb onions|
|1/2 lb spinach||1 lb cucumbers||1 lb broccoli|
|1/2 lb sugarsnap peas||1 lb new potatoes||1/2 lb spinach|
|1 bunch spring turnips||1/2 lb Swiss chard||2 lbs apples or pears|
Share Baskets Available:
- Garden Share ($25/week)
A selection of fresh, local, seasonal vegetables and fruits plus one prepared food item.
- Plow Share ($35/week)
A Garden Share with an added sampling of other local products. You will receive bread every other week, eggs every other week, cheese once per month, plus maple syrup, apple cider and much more.
- Harvest Share ($50/week)
A Garden Share plus weekly bread, eggs, and milk. Additionally, you will receive cheese every other week, weekly apple cider in season, honey, syrup, coffee, and much more.
- Half and Full Meat Share ($20 and $40/week)
A selection of local meats, varying each week! This is a great way to try goat, lamb, or rabbit in addition to more standard beef, pork and chicken. Example: Half Share – Week 1: 1 lb.ground beef, 1 lb. pork sausage, and 1 lb. chicken breast. Full Meat shares receive double the quantities listed above.